Mushroom Buckwheat Noodles
To make the umami sauce, here is the link for the recipe https://programs.taniaschnuppe.com/sauces-dips-pates/umami-sauce/
- 200g/7 oz Buckwheat noodles
- 250g/9 oz Frozen frozen, fresk tinned edamame beans
- 5 Tbsp veg. stock,
- 25g/1oz Fresh ginger. peeled and finely chopped
- 50 g/1 3/4 oz Leek from te green midle part, very thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 Large garlic gloves, very thinly sliced
- 250g/9 oz Mushrooms sliced-shiitake or oyster
- 1/2 Tsp pepper,
- Juice 1/2 lime
- 3 Tbsp umami sauce. (If you have not made umami sauce you can use Tamari or soy sauce.
- TO SERVE;
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 25 g Pea shoots
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Add the noodles and bring back to the boil and cook for about 6 minutes, until tender, Drain reserving the cooking water, set aside.
- Meanwhile in a separate saucepan bring water to the boil and add the beans. Bring back to the boil and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and keep warm.
- Heat the veg. stock in a wok or frying pan add ginger, leek and garlic and fry over a medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Discard the base of the mushroom clumps and separate the mushrooms. Add to the wok and fry for 3 minutes, until the mushrooms release their juices.
- Add pepper, lime juice and umami. Cok for a further minute and add the reserved beans.
- Heat the reserved cooking water. Add the noodles and swirl until hot, then divide between 4 bowls and spoon the vegetable mixture over the top of the noodles. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scatter over the pea shoots and serve.
Link for Umami Sauce – Umami Sauce Recipe