For weight gain add seeded loaf and avocado, for weight loss add leafy greens and have a smaller portion
20 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 Medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Stalks celery, chopped
- 1 Yukon gold potato, chopped
- 1 Large tin of sweet corn or 4 fresh sweet corn, husked
- 1 Red pepper, diced
- ½ Teaspoon celery salt or savory spice blend
- ½ Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon sherry vinegar, or white wine vinegar
- 2 Cups vegetable broth
- 1 14-oz.can Light coconut milk
- Seasoning to taste
- Chopped herbs for garnish
- Optional: reserve some corn kernels and diced red pepper for garnish
- Heat a large dutch oven or ceramic casserole pot, over medium heat.
- Once sizzling, add the onion and a few pinches of savory spice blend.
- Add a little water to stop sticking
- Cook until soft, then add garlic, celery, potatoes.
- Slice kernels off the corn, then use the back of your knife to scrape the juices off of the corn cob and add to the pot or for convenience add the corn from the tin.
- Add the red pepper, celery salt, paprika, a pinch of savory spice blend, black pepper, and stir.
- Cook until the potatoes are slightly softened, about 5 minutes, then add sherry vinegar, vegetable broth and coconut milk.
- Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 more minutes.
- Allow to cool before transferring half the soup to a blender.
- Blend until creamy and serve up
- Taste and adjust seasonings and serve with chopped chives.