Squash and Blackbean Burrito
15 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
1 hrTotal Time
Yields 1 Batch
- 1 Medium butternut squash, peeled, cubed, & roasted
- 1/2 Cup uncooked short grain brown rice (yields: 1.5 cups cooked)
- 1 Cup chopped onion
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Red pepper, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon savory spice blend
- 2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Can black beans (about 1.5-2 cups cooked), drained and rinsed
- Nutritional Yeas sprinkles
- Avocado & Hummus to taste
- 4 tortilla wraps (large or x-large)
- Vegan sour cream
- Preheat oven to 200°C/425°F
- Line a large glass dish with tinfoil.
- Season the squash and roast for 45 mins. or until tender.
- Cook brown rice
- In a large non stick frypan over medium-low heat fry the onion, and minced garlic. Sautee (adding in a little vegetable stock/water) for about 5 minutes,
- Stir well
- Season as desired
- Add chopped red pepper, black beans, and cooked rice and sauté for another 10 mins. on low.
- When butternut squash is tender remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Add 1.5 cups of the cooked butternut squash to the skillet and stir well.
- Mash some of the squash with a fork if too large.
- Add nutritional yeast, avocado slices or smashed avocado and heat another couple minutes.
- Add bean filling to tortilla along with toppings.
- Wrap and serve.
Leftover filling can be reheated the next day for lunch in a wrap or as a salad topper