Pumpkin Cinnamon Granola
Easy to make in advance and use during the week. A nice weekend recipe to make for the week ahead.
15 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 135g gluten free oats
- 190g roughly chopped pecans
- 1 Heaped teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 Heaped teaspoon of ground ginger
- 65g roughly chopped walnuts
- 75g pumpkin seeds
- 80g chia seeds
- 75g baked and mashed/puréed sweet potato
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground mace
- 80g Date syrup
- 1/8 Teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch of savory spice blend (see bulk make for recipe)
- Preheat the (fan) oven to 140 degrees
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl add the oats, nuts and seeds & mix well.
- Add the ginger, cinnamon, mace, savoury spice blend and cloves to the bowl. Toss the mixture to distribute the seasonings evenly.
- Add the sweet potato purée and date syrup to a small pan over a gentle heat. Stir together until the warm and combined.
- Turn the heat off.
- Add the dry ingredients into the pan and mix well so all is covered evenly.
- Spread the mixture onto the lined baking tray, evenly spread.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown, turn and break any clumps.
- Enjoy warm or cool and store in a glass jar.
- Enjoy with plant based milk or home made fruit ice cream.
Burning will make the granola taste bitter